BRAND ADVANCEMENT / AREA MANAGER AND DEVELOPMENT – (BARS). April 2019
Staden Business Park
Tel: +44 (0)1298 244200
Please send applications to email@example.com
Job Description/Person Specification:
BRAND ADVANCEMENT / AREA MANAGER AND DEVELOPMENT – (BARS).
This is a new role created off the back of a large expansion project at the brewery which commenced in 2017, and is now in Phase 2. It is a multidisciplinary role involving supporting the brewery in its growth plans following the expansion and subsequent further improvements which are now coming online, and also to support the brewery’s management of its growing portfolio of licenced premises.
In 2013 the company’s first bar was opened – The Buxton Tap House, in George St, central Buxton. Since then the company has opened 2 further licenced premises; in 2017 The Tasting Room, which is located at the brewery, overlooking the brewhouse providing a warm and cosy space for beer fans to drink and enjoy the beer where it is actually made. And in 2018, The Cellar Bar, which is located adjacent to the Tap House opened, with more of a beer-emphasised offering than the mixed food and drink bar/restaurant style of the Tap House.
The company has ambitious plans in hand to open further outlets in the coming months/years in selected metropolitan areas, and also wishes to build on and improve the work and achievements made by the current 3 bars, and to support the incumbent management team.
In 2017, the brewery went through a large project to increase production capacity – the installation of 10 x 70 hl external fermentation vessels, changes to the brewhouse to improve efficiencies and data gathering, we also installed malt silo and milling/delivery system, and upgraded our laboratory facilities, staff facilities and improved safety measures throughout the site. We also took on a separate 6,000 sq ft warehouse.
We are now in stage two of the project which will see further investment in infrastructure, production/packaging and quality assurance measures, as we seek to grow into our increased volume potential. We are now seeking a highly experienced and able sales and brand support
and development manager to help drive us forward in this exciting time for the brewery.
Key aspects of the role of BRAND ADVANCEMENT:
Based at the Brewery, the successful candidate will:
- Support the Brewery Manager and Directors in sales operations.
- Help maintain excellent trading relations with existing customers both here in the UK and abroad (we have around 15 strong export markets)
- Develop and maintain new relationships with customers in the UK and abroad.
- Develop, maintain and promote our trade/wholesale online sales portal.
- Drive new business and increase profitability and enhance reputation through knowledgeable and enthusiastic communication of our brand.
- Gather and analyse sales data and generate regular performance reports.
Key aspects of the role of AREA MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT - (BARS):
Also based at the brewery, but with significant time spent on-site at our bar locations, the
successful candidate will:
- Work closely with the company directors to ensure the existing operational bars are run efficiently and with a close eye on financial control and budgetary monitoring.
- Work closely with the company directors to develop and instigate plans for further site openings over the coming years.
- Develop a good working relationship with the staff and on-site management at the company’s bars.
- Maintain and instill quality standards at all retail sites/licensed premises.
- Oversee maintenance of equipment and arrange scheduled downtime for service and repair.
- Manage a program of continuous upkeep of premises keeping all venues in excellent condition.
- Maintenance and review of service contracts.
- Engage in business and market analysis to help ensure alignment of the business direction and convergence with the business goals of the brewery company.
- Documentation – keeping our H&S systems, SOPs, WIs, licensing and RAs are up to date and relevant.
- Forecasting, business development, P&L analyses – reporting regularly to the Directors.
- Continuous professional development and self-start ongoing training.
- Represent the company at events around the UK and the rest of the world.
Qualifications / experience:
The ideal candidate will have several years’ experience in a busy sales development and
management role, preferably at a small to medium craft brewery, with a good working
knowledge of export documentation and logistics planning. Will have excellent IT and
communication skills. An acute attention to detail is essential. Further, several years’
experience in a busy craft beer bar management role, with considerable emphasis on back
office and financial control and management of a large team.
An amiable personality, with an ability to communicate ideas and address issues among the
staff will be essential.
The role is based primarily at the Buxton production brewery site, but will have a strong
element of on-site attendance at our existing bar sites, and research and development of new
sites. There will also be many opportunities for travel to represent the brewery at national
and international beer events.
Buxton Brewery, founded in 2009 is celebrating 10 years in business this year. We are a small
team, working hard to make and distribute the best beer we can. Currently, we supply our
products to customers all over the UK and in 15 countries around the globe. We are constantly
working to improve what we do and how we do it. This role will have many opportunities to
be at the forefront of helping direct the ways in which Buxton Brewery develops commercially
over the coming years.
To apply for this role please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Buxton – March 2019.
Job Description/Person Specification:
BUXTON BREWERY: PRODUCTION AND TECHNICAL MANAGER.
In 2017, the brewery went through a large project to increase production capacity –...27th March 2019
Press Release: December 6th 2018.6th December 2018
Come and visit us in The Tasting Room at Buxton Brewery overlooking the brewhouse. With six keg lines and a large selection of bottled beers, The Tasting Room is a comfortable and warm space, built...27th February 2018
Welcome to our new Website and online store!
We wanted to have a website that shows our love of beer and passion for being the best and therefore it was important for us to work with a company...17th December 2017