Production & Technical Manager Vacancy - March 2019
Staden Business Park
Tel: +44 (0)1298 244200
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description/Person Specification:
BUXTON BREWERY: PRODUCTION AND TECHNICAL MANAGER
In 2017, the brewery went through a large project to increase production capacity – the installation of 10 x 70 hl external fermentation vessels and associated glycol system upgrade, changes to the brewhouse to improve efficiencies and data gathering, we also installed a 30 tonne malt silo and milling/delivery system. We also upgraded our laboratory facilities, staff facilities and improved safety measures throughout the site. We also took on a separate 6000 sq ft warehouse building around the corner from our main site. We are now in stage two of
the project which will see further investment in infrastructure, production/packaging and quality assurance measures, as we seek to grow into our increased volume potential. We are now seeking a highly experienced and able technical / production manager to help drive us forward in this exciting time for the brewery. The successful candidate will help further implement the safe and successful post-expansion working program and manage its ongoing performance. In addition, the areas of regulatory compliance and business/market analysis will form a significant part of the role.
Key aspects of the role of PRODUCTION AND TECHNICAL MANAGER:
- Production management – ensuring, through close liaison with ‘the office’, that the brew-plan reflects the business’ requirements and that the brew-plan can and will be executed efficiently.
- Technical overseeing of brewing, cellaring and packaging systems – liaising with suppliers and support engineers.
- Oversee maintenance of plant and machinery, and scheduled downtime.
- Maintenance and review of service contracts.
- QA and QC procedures, help us to develop better quality systems.
- Laboratory – help implement better in-house laboratory analysis systems and records.
- Engage in business and market analysis to help ensure alignment of the business direction and production goals.
- Documentation – keeping our H&S systems, SOPs, WIs, and RAs up to date and relevant.
- Supplier contract management; working alongside the Brewery Manager and the brew-house team, work to ensure we get the best products and ingredients for our beers, under the best terms.
- Brew-scheduling – liaison with brewery manager / head brewer.
- Forecasting, business development, SWAT analyses.
- Work alongside the Lead Brewer, Brewery Manager and Directors to help drive the business forward and to develop plans and strategies for the future.
- Overseeing and supervising staff on production.
- Management and development of junior staff.
- Continuous professional development and self-start ongoing training.
- Represent the company at events around the UK and the rest of the world.
Qualifications / experience:
The ideal candidate will have several years’ experience in a technical brewing / production management role, preferably in a small to medium size craft brewery.
Qualified to a minimum undergraduate degree level in a technical or engineering discipline, with further work based qualifications gained along the way. IBD Qualifications, or similar will be of particular relevance.
An amiable personality, with an ability to to communicate ideas and address issues among the staff will be essential.
The role is based primarily at the Buxton production brewery site, but there will be many opportunities for travel to represent the brewery and also to visit other breweries as part of our collaborative brewing program.
Buxton Brewery, founded in 2009 is celebrating 10 years in business this year. We are a small team, working hard to make and distribute the best beer we can. Currently, we supply our products to customers all over the UK and in 15 countries around the globe. We are constantly working to improve what we do and how we do it. This role will have many opportunities to be at the forefront of helping direct the ways in which Buxton Brewery develops commercially over the coming years.
To apply for this role please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Buxton – March 2019.
Job Description/Person Specification:
BRAND ADVANCEMENT / AREA MANAGER AND DEVELOPMENT – (BARS).
This is a new role created off the back of a large expansion project at the brewery...2nd April 2019
Press Release: December 6th 2018.6th December 2018
Come and visit us in The Tasting Room at Buxton Brewery overlooking the brewhouse. With six keg lines and a large selection of bottled beers, The Tasting Room is a comfortable and warm space, built...27th February 2018
Welcome to our new Website and online store!
We wanted to have a website that shows our love of beer and passion for being the best and therefore it was important for us to work with a company...17th December 2017